Our goal at Cedar Park Pediatric & Family Medicine is to make your visit to our offices as streamlined and easy as possible. This page contains resources that will help you prepare for your visit and save you time.
We are contracted with most major insurers and are continuing to add more. Please contact your insurance company to verify if we are a contracted provider with your insurance. If your insurance is not listed, you can still see us, and may qualify for a self-pay discounted rate.
For updates on insurance changes click here The Bright Futures Promise
Attention: Effective October 15, 2012, CPPFM will no longer contract with Scott & White insurance. We sincerely apologize for this inconvenience. The doctors and staff at CPPFM would like to continue to serve as your medical home, however under the current Scott & White Health insurance, the cost to patients may be higher because CPPFM will be considered a non-Plan/Network provider. We recommend that affected patients verify rates and coverage directly with the insurance company.
Attention Patients: Please be aware that the Pediatricians at Cedar Park Pediatric & Family Medicine are not currently accepting NEW Medicaid patients.
We are accepting new Medicare patients with Humana Medicare & traditional Medicare.
Information about Obamacare Health Exchange insurance plans
The new Obamacare Health Exchange insurance plans are beginning to roll out, and patients are navigating their way through their plans and coverage. Several local insurance companies like Blue Cross and Blue Shield (BCBS) and Humana are offering these new HCA plans. The various plans and coverage details can be confusing and we’d like to shed some light on what we’ve learned so far.
- It is very difficult to identify these HCA plans from the typical plans that the insurance companies offer. For instance, the BCBS advantage HMO is an HCA plan, but BCBS also has a regular HMO plan that is not an HCA plan. It is very important to recognize what type of plan you have or are looking at purchasing since we do not take the BCBS HCA plan, but do take all other types of BCBS plans.
- Another reason to take a long look at these new plans is that they tend to have a very small network of doctors. If you have a primary care physician or specialist that you see, there is a good chance that you will have to change providers or you will have to pay out-of-network costs which can be significant. We recommend that you call the exchange to verify that your preferred providers and specialists in your area are in-network for your plan.
- Unfortunately, the limited provider network is not always clearly represented prior to enrollment. If you discover your provider is not accessible after enrolling, please address this with your HR representative.
Many consumers lose their doctors under new insurance coverage,
By Kelli Kennedy - Associated Press
CPPFM is pleased to announce a partnership with RSBCHO to manage all patient benefit processing and billing. RSBCHO specializes in healthcare and the team brings over 50 years of combined experience in various areas of billing, coding, managed care contracting and operations management. We expect this to be a seamless transition, however, should you have questions about your bill or service charges, please contact RSBCHO’s Billing Supervisor, Rae Smith at 512-600-0125.
Dear Patients and Families:
Cedar Park Pediatric and Family Medicine is committed to providing our patients and families access to quality medical care every day and every hour of the day. Telephone care is just one way that we meet this commitment. By having a family physician and a pediatrician on call 24/7, it ensures that unnecessary trips to the emergency room for urgent care can be avoided thus saving you time and money.
Telephone care includes physician management or consultation related to immediate medical needs, adjustment of medications, treatment of chronic illness or assistance with normal growth, development and behavioral concerns.
Telephone care still involves physician time, expertise, and documentation of the medical care delivered, and therefore is recognized as patient care. Due to increased call volume and overhead costs, we will be charging an after-hours telephone fee for this service. Please contact your insurance carrier to ensure that this type of service is a covered benefit under your plan. The American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) and Family Practice (AAFP) supports charging for telephone care under appropriate circumstances and we will begin to do so.
As of January 1, 2008 we will bill your health plan in the amount of $15.00 for specific types of phone calls between you and a physician after hours. You may be responsible for all or part of this fee depending on your individual health plan coverage. We will submit a charge for the following types of telephone calls:
- Physician management of a new problem including counseling, medical management, and coordination of care not resulting in an office visit within 24 hours from a telephone call or the next business day.
- Physician management about existing problem for which the patient was not seen in a face to face encounter in the previous 3 days from the telephone call.
- Care plan oversight for patients with special needs in residential settings and/or those with a chronic disease who require physician supervision over a period of time during a calendar month.
You always have the option to make an office appointment rather than receiving telephone care.
Some of the most common calls that we receive concern fevers and stomach illnesses such as diarrhea. Please refer to the Illness link on our website to learn more about treatment for these common concerns. We look forward to continuing our relationship with you and your family, both in person and on the telephone. We expect the provision of telephone care will increase your accessibility to quality medical care.
The Staff at Cedar Park Pediatrics & Family Medicine
You always have the option to make an office appointment rather than receiving telephone care. If you find yourself needing an office visit over the weekend, Cedar Park Pediatric and Family Medicine offers Saturday appointments at a lower cost alternative to visiting an Urgent Care Clinic or the Emergency Room. In order to cover the additional costs associated with these extended hours, a $10 fee is charged in addition to the patient co-pay. Offering Saturday hours provides patients an opportunity to work directly with their Primary Care Physician in an urgent care situation, allowing us to closely monitor patient illness and maintain the patient health history and records in one place. Many patients prefer this option over waiting in emergency rooms or urgent care clinics, seeing unfamiliar physicians and incurring higher out of pocket costs.
Our scheduling system is a modified open access design. What this means to patients is that you can get an appointment when you need it, today or in the future. At the beginning of each day, there are always many available visits for that day. If you call first thing in the morning and want to be seen on the same day, we will make you an appointment for that day. The later you call, the more likely those visits will not be available. If you call after all of the same day appointments are taken, then our triage nurse will assist in determining if you need to be seen urgently that day. We still have the capability of working in urgent cases. Our system allows for a great deal of flexibility in an effort to accommodate you.
Our goal is to get you in with your doctor as soon as you want or need.
Please keep in mind that if you are calling to ask if you should schedule an appointment, then the answer is usually yes! Trust your judgment. You wouldn't call if there was not a significant problem or concern. If you leave a message for the nurse to ask about coming in, it will delay getting you the appointment that you need.